- Set up an engine based on the Seed engine.
- Added a state-change architecture.
- Created a test state to handle test graphics and so forth while isolating all the code I will eventually have to delete in one space.
- Figured out how to attach effects to meshes all by myself.
- Wrote an effect.
- Transformed it into a cell-shading effect all by myself.
- Got specular hits working.
- Built a point light shader. BTW, do not use fields with POSITION semantics in a pixel shader.
- Built the shaders of a light map system: the normals/depth shader, the light map shader, and the combining pass shader. Don’t know if they work yet.
- Discovered my missing function.
- Implemented my missing function.
- Snarled at my missing function.
- Added some functionality to the camera
- Began work on the pre-renderer.
- Prelighting renderer is working… sort of. The lightmap generator is churning out a black screen, which does me no good.
- Now it has lights that are all or nothing. WTF?
- Isolated bullshit to depth texture.
- Learned that the problem is my video card doesn’t support floating-point textures.
Okay. I need to alter the design to work within the capabilities of the toys I already have.